POLE DANCE IRELAND PRINCESS 2018
Aerial Arts Competition Sat 17th November 2018
Pole Dance Ireland Princess is going old skool!! We are reverting back to first come first served
NO VIDEO ENTRY REQUIRED!!
Applications open 1st June at 9 am 2018
We have all new rules and regulations in place please familiarize yourself with these before entering. We also have all new judging criteria and score sheets. Please click on links below to download:
- The competition is open to male and female competitors
- Entrants must be at least 18 on the day of the competition..
- Entry opens on June 1st 2018 9am sharp.
- Open to all countrys.
- You must be available for the competition on Saturday Novemebr 17th 2018.
- Solo competitors may enter one Solo category only. All competitors may enter a Solo category and the Doubles category. You do not have to enter a Solo category to enter the Doubles category.
- The categories are as follows, Intermediate, Advanced, Professional & Doubles for Pole……Intermediate, Adv/Professional & Doubles for Aerial Hoop.
- Entry will be granted on a first come first served basis for each category and will be limited to 8 per section. For doubles only 5 places.
- In the event that we receive an excess of applications for one category and less in another category the competitor numbers per category will be altered to reflect this.
- Once a category is full you may still submit your form to be held on a reserve list. If someone pulls out then their space will be offered to the first reserve and so on.
- There is an entry fee of 22 euro payable at the time of entry. This fee is non-refundable. No other fees or charges will be requested from competitors.
- For your entry to be confirmed you must send in the following: – Email with Completed entry form and stating the section you want to enter. (please wait for confirmation of place) then once confirmed follow on with Entry fee of 22euro –
- • All entries must be emailed to email@example.com
- Entry will be confirmed no later than 48 hours after receipt of all elements of the application
- The PDIP will have 5 highly-experienced judges for pole & 4 for aerial hoop.
- Judges will be announced on the website prior to the competition.
- In the event of one of the judges being unable to attend, a substitute judge will take their place. Competitors will be notified of any such changes as soon as a substitute is confirmed.
Judging Elements : All competitors will be judged on the following elements:
– Artistic & Choreography
Competitors will be awarded marks against the above elements in the following proportions, based on category of entry. Full details of what will be considered for each element is provided below in the Judging Guidelines section.
- The athlete with the score closest to the highest possible score is the overall winner.
- Single points & half points can be given.
❖ Technical – Maximum of 100 points
❖ Artistic Expression & Choreography – Maximum of 100 points
- Scoresheets will be collected and tallied after each competitor has performed.
- Once judging has finished, no scores or discussions can be made to alter the results.
- Judges must not discuss judging or results with athletes/competitors.
- There are 2-3 judges per score category: Technical score & Artistic score
Eg 3 Judges will only judge Technical while the other 2 will judge artistic. This is to make sure there is genuine scoring happening.
- Winners will be awarded first, second and third prize.
Athleticism and Technical Difficulty — (50% of overall score )
- Strength moves (25% of Technical Score) eg., handsprings, aerial holds, inversions.
- Flexibility (25%) eg., splits (on and off the pole / hoop), strong extensions.
- Versatility (25%) eg., aerial moves, spins, floor work, balanced use of both static and spinning poles / hoop.
- Dynamic movement (25%) eg., drops, powerful spins.
Artistic Expression and Choreography — (50% of overall score)
- Flow and Transitions (25% of Artistic Score) e.g., finishing of moves, smooth transitions on the pole/hoop and off the pole/hoop.
- Musicality (25%)Routine should include changes in intensity and dynamics to match the music.
- Originality (25%) Out of the ordinary moves that shows creativity and inventiveness.
- Stage presence (25%) eg. Comfort on stage, crowd appeal, a distinct personal style.