Hoop, also known as Lyra, is a wonderful circus apparatus in which the student learns beautiful movements and shapes whilst spinning on a large metal hoop suspended in the air.
X-Pole SPORT Aerial Hoops are 34 mm in width which makes them a little different from other traditional aerial hoops (which are 24mm width). With the explosion of Pole Fitness Studios now teaching Aerial Hoop it makes the transition from a pole to a hoop easier. X-Hoop measurements are taken from the inner diameter instead of outer, which enables you to have the correct distance you need from your head to the upper bar.
After testing these we have found that the X-Pole Sport Hoops were more comfortable on the hand grip for students, which encouraged them to return to the classes. Hoop sizes available, 800mm, 850mm, 900mm, 950mm, 1000mm, 1050mm and we have these in both single point and dual point.
Below are a few safety tips we recommend when trying any type of Aerial Fitness.
• When learning any aerial fitness we highly recommend the use of a mat under your apparatus.
• Make sure you have a spotter with you when trying the harder moves and flips.
• If possible learn from a professional. Books, you tube and videos are a great source, but we highly recommend attending an Aerial Class.
• Check your equipment before use. Always check your equipment to make sure damage has not occurred at any time.
• To avoid any hygiene issues, silks or hammocks can be washed on a very low temperature/delicate setting.
• We recommend that you tape your hoops for both hygiene issues and safety issues.
1000mm, 1050mm, 800mm, 850mm, 900mm, 950mm
Double Point, Single point